Tuesday, 9 February 2010

My world wake pre-release!
On the saturday morning I woke up looking forward to the release of worldwake. Hoping to do
well in the forthcoming tournament I had a quick look on the web at the cards, what would be
strong and what I wouldnt come across and deliberating my tactics for the forthcoming event.
I also checked out the zendikar set on www.mtgfanatic.com to see what zendikar cards would
compliment the new worldwake edition on of cards looking for any nice combos and cards
that I would want to trade for at the forthcoming event.
After this I did my house work watching the clock slowly creep towards the time I
had to leave to make the event. Hoping to get there and hour or so before the event started
so I could chat to the competition and maybe get some ideas of the cards they were looking for in
the pre-release and any trades.
So I arrived at my local gaming store only to find I was 2 hours late!!! The stores
website had stated the wrong start time, DOH!! This put a complete downer on my day,
however keen to play with the new set I joined the tournament in the third round. In my boosters I
was amazed to open the new JACE!! Which is priced at around $45 on www.mtgfantic.com at
present. How ever I remebered some of the limited/sealed tournament advice I had read on the
http://www.mtgfanatic.com website which has pro talking and giving advice on strategies and cards in
the format I was particapating in, and decided not to run with ther new Jace in my deck as I had
no other good blue cards to run with. I ended up playin green red white. As you can imagine not
joining til the third round this gave me a huge disadvantage and only 15 minutes deck building
time. In the end I came near the bottom with a result of 1-1. The advice from the pros on
fanatic did give me a really good idea of what I wanted to be running with and how I wanted
to play I just dont think I had any other good cards to run with I was extremely disappointed.
When I arrived home I came and read more of the advice from http://www.mtgfanatic.com to see where I had gone wrong and what I could have done better. While there I looked at some of
the new cards in the set again and seen which ones I wanted and which I would or could use.
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog Ben Grimshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment